Work with us
Passion & Innovation
Unearth Education Éveillée (UEÉ) is on a mission to help students develop essential workplace skills through experiential learning. | Notre mission est d’aider les étudiants à acquérir des compétences essentielles sur le marché du travail par l’apprentissage expérientiel.
The COVID-19 pandemic presented Unearth Education Éveillée an opportunity to pivot in person skill building workshops, consultations and trainings to a virtual setting. As a result, UEÉ has become a leader in online certifications! In the spring of 2020 and in less than 4 weeks UEÉ produced 10 online certifications that certified over 1000 Ontario students with content linked to Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) programs and Cooperative Education (Co-op) curriculum.
Over the 2020-2021 school year, UEÉ served schools from 17 different school boards (12 English and 5 French) – that is 22.4% of school boards in Ontario! Over 3000 Ontario students were certified in UEÉ original certifications with content linked to SHSM and Co-op. Students choose from 18 different certifications (10 English and 8 French). Furthermore, UEÉ certified over 1000 students in ICE (Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship) certifications in collaboration with Y2 Entrepreneurship Labs (English) and Équipe M (French). In response to the constant changing landscape of learning in the 2020-2021 school year, UEÉ offered provincial trainings, career exploration forums and opportunities for students to connect with professionals and entrepreneurs from all career sectors.
It has been noted across the industry and Country that UEÉ are the best in the industry with virtual trainings; they are currently under contract with Junior Achievement Northern and Eastern Ontario, Ottawa Employment Hub – Algonquin College, Techsploration (Nova Scotia) and more.
UEÉ prides itself on being authentically bilingual, simply translating languages is NOT good enough, and as a result the UEÉ team consists of anglophone and francophone development and education teams.
The overall UEÉ team is comprised of entrepreneurs, educators, facilitators, consultants, and business professionals with a combined 100 years plus of training, presenting, and teaching expertise. UEÉ thrives on being innovative to create sessions that respond to changing needs within the education system. UEÉ prides its success on a belief that not one-size fits all approach to experiential learning. When working with clients UEÉ creates and delivers unique and authentic programs.
As the need for online certifications and programming increasing in school boards across Ontario and beyond, UEÉ is not stopping and is seeking self-motivated individuals with a ‘can do’ attitude to join the #SkillsRevolution team.
We operate on trust and leverage our diverse experiences and perspectives to create meaningful experiential learning opportunities for students and educators.
As a fast-growing start-up…
Culture, mission, vision, and values can’t be written on a website to be read – instead it is actions, environment and the people that bring it alive. UEÉ takes great pride in executing this rather than talking about it.
- a unique opportunity to be part of a culture that puts people first, while maintaining a strong mission that is changing the way we equip individuals for the world of work. You will experience and be part of what it takes to make a vision come alive.
- a safe, inclusive environment. A place where mistakes are seen as an opportunity for growth and successes are celebrated; you will develop transferable skills that you will be able to carry with you throughout your career.
- continuous actionable feedback on what is going well and areas for focussed improvement. You will be expected to take this feedback and use it as an opportunity to grow.
- an ongoing philosophy to always seek a way to say “yes”, fostering the ideology that no is not an acceptable answer (at least when we are talking about serving out clients). This philosophy makes our environment fast paced and at times one with tight deadlines.
YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- a passion to ensure that clients have the best learning experience possible.
- a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment where you wont always have the answers on how to do things but the support on finding a way.
- a hunger to grow professionally with the business. You want to be challenged to do things you have not done before, because you know they will help you grow. You love experimenting and finding better/faster ways to do things.
- strong communication skills and active listening who can adapt to different situations.
- fierce initiative, a proven track record that you can go beyond what is asked of you, because you focus on the problem we are trying to solve, not just the task at hand.
- stellar time management skills and seek resources autonomously.
- critical thinking combined with the ability to problem solve with innovation and the capability to research, learn and integrate new tech tools, marketing, and sales initiatives.
- aspirations of going the extra mile because you are resourceful, with a high standard for performance and a ‘get the job done’ attitude.
Applications are reviewed regularly. Selected candidates will be invited for a virtual interview.
FACILITATOR AND CONTENT CREATOR | ANIMATEUR.ICE ET DEVELOPEUR.EUSE DE CONTENU
Multiple positions – English and Français
Regions: Eastern Ontario (English and Français, in-person), Toronto and area (Français and English, in-person)
We are looking for dynamic, innovative and engagement driven workshop creators and facilitators. This is a role made for an individual with an out-of-the-box mindset and approach to developing skills in youth.
You will be responsible for designing and facilitating (in-person and some virtual) educational skill-building workshops and programs for students in grades 7-12 in Ontario. Topics include but are not limited to Design Thinking, leadership, project management, communication, customer service, conflict resolution, etc.
How to apply | Comment postuler
Application deadlines are listed in each job description. | Les dates limites de candidature sont indiquées dans chaque description de poste.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, please submit a Candidate Application video introducing yourself why you would like to join the Unearth Education Éveillée team. | En plus de votre lettre de présentation et de votre CV, veuillez soumettre une vidéo de candidature présentant les raisons pour lesquelles vous souhaitez rejoindre l'équipe d'Unearth Education Éveillée.
Explore current career opportunities and view the posting for full details.
Voir les opportunités
Explorez les possibilités de carrière actuelles et consultez l'annonce pour obtenir tous les détails.
All applications require a cover letter and resume.
Préparer les documents
Toutes les candidatures doivent être accompagnées d'une lettre de présentation et d'un curriculum vitae.
Make a Video
Submit a Candidate Application video introducing yourself and why you're a good fit for our team.
Faire une vidéo
Soumettez une vidéo de candidature dans laquelle vous vous présentez et expliquez pourquoi vous êtes le bon candidat(e) pour notre équipe.
Are you a College or University student looking for a unique placement opportunity?
We are always accepting interest from students looking for a meaningful learning opportunity.
We accept students from the following educational programs:
- Project management
- Event management
- Business management
- Graphic design
Contact Jennifer Regnier to discuss the possibilities.