Sector Specific Workshops are delivered by industry professionals and created specifically to meet the elective requirements for SHSM programs.
These workshops are up to 3 hours and can be delivered at school as an on-site field trip.
What does GOOD Nutrition Mean To You?
SHSM: Health and Wellness, Sports
Language: English and French
Delivery By: Susan Alsembach, Nutritionist
This workshop is an opportunity to engage youth in discussing their own nutritional habits, as well as understanding how this can impact their immediate and long-term health.
Using a variety of interactive tools such as questionnaires, videos, role play and visual aids, to create a positive and interactive learning environment, students will
- Understand the factors (social, nutritional, economical) that contribute to health issues such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, acne;
- Understand the short- and long-term consequences of high sugar and salt diet, ie diabetes, strokes, cardiovascular disease etc.;
- Have a good understanding of what is a balanced and healthy diet;
- Learn what foods to avoid when grocery shopping and where to go for better options;
- Learn what foods make up the basic pantry in a kitchen; and
- Understand how to make a simple yet healthy meal.
Looking For Something Different?
Looking for a unique workshops for your students? Contact us to discuss the possibilities!