Terms & Conditions
The term ‘[Unearth Education]’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is located in [Canada]. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Canada.
- We may modify this Policy at any time. We will notify you via email and post on the Site of such modification.
Arbitration or Disputes
In the event of a breach, UEÉ will respond in the following
- Once we are notified of a breach all admin accounts are turned off and passwords changed
- If we cannot log in via our admin account, we can manually gain access with an update to the database. Should that fail, we can use a previous nightly backup to restore and gain access
- We review our platforms logs to see how the account was breach and if required review server logs for irregular activity
- We patch and correct the issue an ensure the system is stable
- We notify all affected users and relay the information that may have been breached.
- Placing an Order. Certain aspects of the Service may be provided for a fee or other charge. You agree to our pricing, payment and purchase order terms which will be communicated upon registration. The company may add new services for additional fees and charges, or amend fees and charges for existing services, at any time in its sole discretion. Any change to our pricing or payment terms shall be communicated with clients.
- Payment Methods. We accept email money transfers, direct deposits or cheques.
- Payment Information; Deposit and Taxes. All information that you provide in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with the Service must be accurate, complete, and current. In some cases, a deposit is required. You will pay any applicable taxes, if any, relating to any such purchases, transactions or other monetary transaction interactions.
Welcome to learn.uneartheducation.com.
The information provided explains the terms by which you may use the UEÉ learning platform.
Certain services may be subject to additional terms and conditions specified by us from time to time, and your use of such services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are hereby incorporated into these Terms by reference.
Unearth Education Learning Management System
- Is hosted in Canada with end-to-end encryption to ensure proper security,
- Requires an account with a username and password for access. This account is issued by UEÉ and requires a full name and email address.
- Users can only register themselves with the unique registration link that is created by UEÉ. This assists with putting controls in place to prevent uninvited guests from joining.
- Users are allowed to reset their passwords using our forgot password tool. An email is sent to the users email on file where they can reset their password. Passwords must follow our strict guidelines such as the user of capitals and special characters in the password
- Users can only access *events in which they are registered for,
- Has controls in place to grant permissions for users to share content,
- Has controls in place to monitor chat features,
- Never records when students are present,
- Deletes users accounts at the end of the school year, but retains user completion records for up to 10 years.*
- Maintains 100% privacy and does not collect or request any personal information (excluding full name and email address).
*We store student completion records for 10 years or less if requested for the information to be destroyed. Upon request and when ID has been vetted, we share the completion record with the student up to 10 years.
UEÉ ensures that all:
- *Events are hosted inside the online learning platform which cannot be accessed unless the user has a login created by UEÉ,
- Speakers, guests and workshop presenters can only view the users’ name during live events.
Terms for Access by Students/Children
UEÉ does not sell products through its Service to children, but only to adults, who can make a purchase using one of our payment methods. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, you may use the Service only with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian or school representative. Any download, access or use of the Service by anyone under eighteen (18) years of age is strictly prohibited and in violation of these Terms unless you are under the supervision of your school, school district, educational institution or Teacher (collectively referred to as “Schools”). If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, your use of the Service may be subject to additional policies and restrictions imposed by your School, with which you must comply.
We do not claim ownership of user-generated content and material.
Tracking Student Achievement
Student achievement and completion is tracked in the UEE learning platform. Teachers can monitor student progress and download their assignments if they choose. Students are not graded by UEÉ. Teachers may choose to utilize the rubric provided or evaluate students as they choose.
Our Proprietary Rights
Except for your User Content, the Service, and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, content, assignments, learning images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music, and instructions, and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of UEÉ and its licensors.
Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any UEÉ Content. Use of the UEÉ Content for any purpose not expressly permitted by these Terms is strictly prohibited.
For the purposes of these Terms, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction
Contacting the Company